What is the Aslin Cicerone Award?
In an effort to encourage the healthy growth and diversification of the craft beer industry, Aslin Beer Co created this award cover the full cost of the Cicerone Beer Savvy Online Course, as well as the Level 1 Certification exam.
Who can apply?
It is open to women & minorities, who are at least 21 years old, & living/working in DC, Maryland, or Virginia with a passion for craft beer.
What is Cicerone?
Cicerone® Certification Program has become the industry standard for identifying those with significant knowledge and professional skills in beer sales and service.
What do you learn?
Through the Cicerone Beer Savvy Course you will learn:
1. Storing and serving beer
2. How to distinguish and evaluate flavor
3. Learning different beer styles and their history
Through the Level 1 Certification exam, you will:
1. Become conversant in the language of beer, including key flavor words and core beer styles
2. Master the details of beer service, including glass preparation and proper pouring of both draft and bottled beers
3. Learn the three most common ways the flavor of beer can be ruined after it leaves the brewery and what must be done to prevent this from happening
How do I get the certification?
The Cicerone Beer Savvy Course can be completed over a weekend, but you can do it at your own pace within 90 days.
This will teach you the information needed to pass the exam.
The certification exam is 60 multiple choice questions, & you have 2 attempts to get at least 75% & pass.
Once awarded, you will be given a code that allows you to access both the course & exam.
When is the application due?
Opens: June 1st, 2021
Closes: June 25th, 2021
Awardee Chosen & Funds Available: July 2nd, 2021
Click below to fill out the application form by midnight on June 25th, 2021.
If you have any questions, please reach out to us via email email@example.com
For further information regarding the Cicerone Certification Program, please visit their website: